Thursday, November 02, 2006

Early A.M. Realization

Having turned over at least 5 times I finally decide to give up. One eye cracks open and I glance somewhat blearily at the clock. God lord it's damned near 7 am and I am wide awake and have been for the last hour. The book I was reading when I floated off lay discarded next to my pillow. I don't remember sticking the marker in so neatly, so I must have done it out of habit. My sheets are kicked to the foot of the bed, crumpled and I glance down. I'm, how do you say, bare-assed... which would be considered normal if I didn't distinctly remember having on pajamas when I retired four hours ago. My socks are hanging precariously on the lampshade, which is on the nightstand at my head. The pj top is somewhere around here but I know not where having climbed out of bed and sat straight-away at my desk. However, I did pass the wadded-up boyshort/pajama bottom combination on the floor next to my chair. Unlike my usual random acts of nudity, this one was inspired by the same force that has caused other garments to be flung around my room: steam. The Heights doesn't play that. None of the buildings in my neighborhood pays attention to that whole "heat season" thing. Steam has been rising for weeks. The way it works around here, if the viejas get cold in July the super turns the heat on. I guess no one wants to get jumped by old women in track suits. I'm used to living in this sauna so I know it wasn't the heat that woke me up. It was that damned Saved by the Bell. My tv is still on auto-alarm and had turned its self on at 5:30 a.m. but I don't remember anything before hearing that nerd-guys idiot voice at about 6 or so. That show was horrible in '89. I'm sure it ruined the already difficult teenage years of pre-teens world wide. I know it made me angry, then and now. Bad plotlines, bad acting, bad outfits, bad, Bad, BAD!!! Not mala, or even mal, just bad. So it's safe to assume that the crazed theme song to that insipid show is what pulled me forth from my dream of torturing people with their own conscience (Lawnmower Man style), which has the horrid result of making them tear themselves apart.

What urged me to my desk was not the fact that the remote is next to my keyboard (yes I too would rather traverse the room in search of the remote than lean over and change the channel by hand), it was this realization:
I have been sleeping!
Regularly.
Consistently.
My insomnia has been gone for weeks.
Even if I stay up all night working I've been knocking out when ever I put head to pillow.

I've been an insomniac for countless years. The only reasoning I can apply to this newfound, wonderful habit is it the result of the epiphanies n shit of the past few months. The more my mind is at ease the more my body follows.

I can definitely live with this.

- off to start my day, with a smile...

No comments: